1 Zone / 16 Tray / 27.5 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- 2 cups raw buckwheat
- 1 cup chopped nuts or seeds (almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, etc)
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (unsweetened cherries, goji berries, raisins, etc)
- Soak buckwheat in a bowl filled with water overnight; drain and rinse until no longer slimy.
- Drain again and set aside to sprout for 2 days at room temperature (rinse and drain every 4 to 8 hours). Buckwheat should have little tails and be ready for dehydrating at the end of two days.
- Spread buckwheat in a single layer on dehydrator tray lined with non- stick sheet. Place in a dehydrator and dry at 115°F for 6 to 8 hours or until crisp.
- Mix dried buckwheat with other ingredients like nuts/seeds and dried fruit. Serve with nut milk if desired.