1 Zone / 16 Tray / 27.5 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 figs, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. cacao nibs
(per 1-oz serving): Calories: 125, Sodium: 32 mg, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Total Fat: 9.6 g, Total Carbs: 5.6 g, Protein: 5.2 g.
- Soak chia seeds in 1/2cup of water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Blend all remaining ingredients in a blender, except for cacao nibs. Add small amounts of water to achieve the right consistency.
- Stir together chia seeds, blended mixture and cacao nibs.
- Allow to rest for 20-25 minutes.
- Spread the mixture onto dehydrator tray. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 135 degrees. Cut into bars. Lower temperature to 110 degrees and dehydrate another 8 hours. Flip bars and dehydrate another 8 hours.