1 Zone / 16 Tray / 28 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- Dates (Fresh or Dried)
- Place the dates in a strainer and dip in a pot of boiling water until their skins blister, then plunge into a large bowl of ice water until the dates are cool.
- Drain, cut the dates in half, and remove the pits. Arrange the dates on dehydrator trays, skin side down.
- Dehydrate at 125°F for 24 hours. Wearing disposable gloves, cut the dates into smaller pieces with clean kitchen scissors, spread evenly over clean dehydrator trays, skin side down, and dehydrate for another 24 hours until dry like paper and flexible.
HALVED DRIED DATES
- Cut store-bought dried dates in half, place them skin side down on dehydrator trays, and dehydrate them at 125°F for 48 hours.
CHOPPED DRIED DATES
- Cut dried dates in half, place them skin side down on dehydrator trays, and dehydrate them at 125°F for 24 hours. Wearing disposable gloves, chop the halves into small pieces, spread over the trays, and dehydrate for another 24 hours. When dehydrated, chopped dates develop a hard outer coating and will click when dropped on the counter. They will not stick together when squeezed in your hand.