1 Zone / 16 Tray / 28 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- Cherry/Plum Tomatoes
- Cut tomatoes in half and place on a dehydrator tray with the skin side down
- Dehydrate on 130°F for 12-18+ hours. When dehydrated, they should feel hard and dry but still be somewhat flexible.
- Store in an airtight container with an oxygen absorber in a cool dry place.
- Before dehydrating your cherry or plum tomatoes, keep in mind that thicker slices may take longer to dry. For best results, thicker slices may need to dehydrate for 18-24+ hours, while thinner slices may only need 12-14 hours or if you are wanting a softer end product you will want to take it out sooner as well. It may take a bit of experimentation to find the perfect drying time for your tomatoes, but trust us, the end result will be well worth the effort!
How to make Sun-Dried tomatoes:
- Once the tomatoes are completely dry store in an airtight container in a cool dark place and check daily to make sure no moisture has developed for 5-7 days.
- After 5-7 days completely cover your tomatoes in good quality olive oil and place in your refrigerator for 2-3 days or until a softer texture has developed.
- Use as you would any sun-dried tomato product