1 Zone / 16 Tray / 27.5 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- Boiling water
- Trim the greens and tips off the carrots then wash. You may peel if you like.
- Next use a food processor or mandolin to slice carrots into 1/8 inch slices. You may also shred them.
- Boil water in a pot and blanch the carrots in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool in an ice water bath. Drain.
- Spread in a single layer on the dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate at 125°F for 6-12 hours.
- Let cool completely then store in airtight jars. They can last up to a year in a in a cool, dry and dark place.
- If you wish to make carrot powder then after the carrots have cooled place in a blender or coffee grinder and pulse until you have a fine powder. Store in a cool dark place in an airtight jar.