1 Zone / 16 Tray / 27.5 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- Ripe fresh or frozen apricots
- Lime or lemon juice
- Corn syrup
If you are using frozen apricots, start from step 4.
- Wash fresh apricots, cut in half and remove pits.
- Make a mixture of 1 cup lime or lemon juice with 3 cups water. Soak apricots in this solution for 5 minutes.
- If you want a sweeter option, make a solution of 1 part corn syrup, 1 part sugar and 2 parts water. Simmer the apricots in this solution for 10 minutes. Let them cool in the solution for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange on dehydrator trays in a single layer. Dehydrate at 135°F for 8- 16 hours
- Let cool completely then store in jars. Can last up to 3 months in the pantry or up to 2 years in the fridge.