1 Zone / 16 Tray / 27.5 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- 15 pounds fresh ripe tomatoes
- 4 large-sized green peppers
- 3 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 large carrots
- 1 jar pimentos
- Wash and core tomatoes and then pour into blender. Add other ingredients and blend together until smooth. Pour on a strainer to remove any pulp.
- Transfer smooth puree to a large kettle and bring to a boil over medium heat for 5 hours with kettle uncovered. Stir frequently to avoid scorching.
- When mixture is thick; spread on 5 fruit roll sheets. Place sheets on trays and then set in the dehydrator. Dehydrate at 140°F until dry and crispy.
Note: Blend crispy tomato leathers to form powder which can be used to make instant soup, paste and sauce.