- 1/2 cup dehydrated shredded potatoes
- 1/4 cup store-bought powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons store-bought powdered cheese
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated chopped onions
- Combine all the ingredients. If you vacuum seal with an oxygen absorber, it will keep up to 1 year in a cool, dry place. If stored in a ziptop plastic freezer bag, it will keep for 1 month.
- Pour 2/3 cup boiling water into the bag, seal, and let sit for 5 minutes in a Mylar bag. Squish around to mix again, then let sit another 10 minutes in the Mylar. If it seems to have lost too much heat, drop the plastic bag in hot water for 2 minutes, then serve.