1 Zone / 16 Tray / 28 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher into a smooth puree. Add the rice, applesauce, and lemon juice and mash for 1 minute to combine (do not use a blender or mixer).
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop the mixture onto drying sheets set in dehydrator trays. With the potato masher, lightly tap each cake 4 to 5 times to flatten it down and form a 3 & 1/2 -inch-diameter cake. Sprinkle the cakes with the apple pie spice. Dehydrate at 125°F for about 12 hours; flip the cakes over onto the dehydrator trays after 6 hours; remove the drying sheets. When dehydrated, the cakes will be hard, completely dry, and snap when bent.
- Store in canning jars or vacuum seal with one 100 cc oxygen pack, and double-bag in Mylar until needed. Stored this way, they will keep 5 or more years
- Dip each cake in boiling water for 15 seconds and no more. Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the cakes in the hot skillet and cook for 30 seconds on each side.