1 Zone / 16 Tray / 27.5 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour
- 1 cup pecans, soaked for 1 hour
- 6 cups ground almonds
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups flax seed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
(per 1-oz serving): Calories: 160, Sodium: 2 mg, Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g, Total Fat: 13.3 g, Total Carbs: 6.8 g, Protein: 5.1 g.
- After nuts have been soaked, drain and rinse them.
- Pulse cashews and pecans in food processor until small crumbs form. Add the ground almonds and place in a bowl.
- In the food processor, combine apples, pear, almond butter, flax seed, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add the ground nuts.Spread mixture on dehydrator trays, about 1/4 inch thick, to the edges.
- Dehydrate 6-8 hours at 115 degrees. Flip over and cut into squares. Continue dehydrating for 6-8 hours or until crunchy.