1 Zone / 16 Tray / 28 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- 1 pound top round beef (London broil), sliced across the grain into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickstrips
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
- 1/2 cup of no-pulp orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Whisk brown sugar, onion powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a medium-sized nonreactive bowl. Add the teriyaki marinade, honey, orange juice, soy sauce, water and liquid smoke. Mix together until salt is completely dissolved.
- Place the London broil beef strips in a large-size zip-top bag. Pour the marinade into the bag, seal, and coat meat by tossing. Unseal the bag, squeeze out air and reseal the bag. Refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
- Dry beef strips by patting with paper towels. Place beef strips in a single layer on dehydrator racks and dry at 165°F for 4 to 8 hours; turn racks every hour. Flip jerky strips over halfway through the dehydrating process.
- When completely dehydrated, the jerky should be pliable and have no signs of redness.
Note: It is easier to cut beef into thin strips if you keep it in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.