1 Zone / 16 Tray / 27.5 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- 1 lb. eggs (8-9 eggs)
- 1 lb. potatoes
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Steam your whole, unpeeled potatoes for 15 minutes. Once steamed, submerge potatoes in cold ice water.
- While the potatoes are cooling sauté onions over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until onions are translucent but not browned.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, peel and grate them coarsely. We are wanting to have about 12 oz. of shredded potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl whisk your eggs and fold in all of your ingredients
- Line a 12"x9" baking dish with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Making sure that all the corners have an even amount of mixture.
- Place the mixture into the oven and bake on the center rack for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the omelet sit in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Take the omelet out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- When the omelet is fully cooled carefully peel away the baking paper and place on a cutting board.
- Cut the omelet into ½ inch cubes by cutting ½ inch columns and ½ inch rows.
- Evenly place your omelet bites onto a mesh dehydrator tray making sure you leave a little space in between the cubes for even airflow.
- Dehydrate at 145°F for 6-8 hours. When dry the bites will be nice and crunchy. Check a couple by cutting them in half to make sure the inside is fully dry.
- Let cool completely then store in Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers.
Regular Serving: Rehydrate 3/4 cup of Omelet Bites with 1/2 cup of water.
Large Serving: Rehydrate 1 cup Omelet Bites with 3/4 cup water.
- Pot Cooking: Soak Omelet Bites in a pot for 5 minutes, then boil for 1 minute. Transfer contents to an insulating cozy for 15 minutes. Then enjoy!
- Thermos Cooking: Put Omelet Bites into thermos and add boiled water. Wait 20-60 minutes. Then enjoy!