1 Zone / 16 Tray / 28 sq. ft Tray Areaview
- Ground beef (lean or extra lean)
- Finely ground bread crumbs
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of bread crumbs on each pound of ground beef. Use your fingers to mix together.
- Working in batches, cook the meat in a skillet on medium high heat. Cook and stir until completely cooked.
- Squeeze the meat between paper towels to blot off fat and moisture from the meat.
- Spread cooked ground beef on dehydrator trays lined with parchments or dehydrator sheets.
- Dry at 145°F for 8-12 hours. Rotate and blot with paper towels 2 to 3 times during dehydrating.
- Store in airtight jars.
Note: To make bread crumbs, dehydrate bread slices for 2-3 hours then grind in a food processor. If you want to store the dehydrated ground beef for more than one year, do not use bread crumbs, as it retains some of the fat.